What is the AFCI Designer Section?
The AFCI Designer Section is a members-only group of vetted- professional designers who offer a plethora of creative and professional services to brands, manufacturers, and exhibitors. With over 20 years of dedication to excellence in the creative and art products industries, the AFCI Designer Section consists of AFCI Designer members who bridge the gap between manufacturers and consumers with professional services that educate and inspire consumers.
The Designer Section has an established leadership council, bylaws, and committee to support continuing designer education and networking opportunites.
Designer members enjoy these additional benefits:
- Free listing in the annual AFCI Designer Directory
- The creative industry's best resource for locating designers to hire. This FREE directory is used by AFCI Member manufactuers, buyers, distributors, and more.
- Membership to private AFCI Designer Section Facebook Groups
- Serve as a hub for year-round activity and support peer-to-peer networking with other AFCI Designers.
- Chance to participate in "Sharing the Creative Heart"
- A unique art-abandonment project where art is dropped on the show floor for attendees to find.
- AFCI Designer Handbook
- Resource of pertinent Designer-based business information.
- Access to Designer Section Trend Report
- Provides an in-depth analysis of industry trends to keep businesses informed.
- Participation in Designer Section projects and committees
- Monthly Zoom socials
Who are AFCI Designer Members?
An AFCI Designer is an individual or firm that conceives, invents, creates or executes decorative crafts or artistic work for licensing or for sale to members of the creative industry.
Credentials to Provide: All of the below must have occurred within three (3) years prior to the date of submission for AFCI membership. These qualifications, will be reviewed or adjusted for international designers.
- State or federal tax form or proof of taxable craft related business activities
- Four (4) of the following items
- Company check
- Work contract for services or licensing agreement
- Written recommendation from current AFCI supplier member
- Proof of product design and development or design portfolio
- Sole authorship of a published book, 16 page minimum
- Proof of three (3) published designs in any of the following media: a multi-authored book, brochure, catalogue magazine, web site, video or manufacturer’s advertisement or project sheet.
For information on how to get involved with the AFCI Designer Section, please reach out to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org