We at the Association For Creative Industries (AFCI) value every aspect of our relationship with you, and we strive to maintain your trust and confidence. We take our responsibility to protect your privacy very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of our policies and procedures for collection, processing, disclosing and safeguarding your information.
What information do we collect? How do we collect the information?
When joining AFCI, ordering or registering on our site, or completing a waiver form, you may be asked to provide your name, e‐mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, job title, company information, photos, or other personally identifiable information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We collect personal data under various circumstances. Most common are when an individual:
- Becomes a member of AFCI;
- Registers for a conference or similar in-person event;
- Registers for a webinar or other online offering;
- Downloads information from AFCI’s website; or
- Participates as a speaker, author, or similar capacity.
From time to time, AFCI receives personal information about individuals from authorized third parties and sources. This may happen, for example, if:
- Your employer is a member of AFCI and signs you up for an event.
- Your employer is an exhibitor at an AFCI event and signs you up for the event.
- You participate in an event that is co-sponsored or co-hosted by AFCI.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you may consent to the processing of their personal data.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To communicate with you about your membership, if applicable, or to communicate information about AFCI. For example, we may send all new users a registration email, and we will also occasionally send important notices or information.
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service and to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions, fulfill and/or deliver products and services. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Website.
- To conduct internal assessments of AFCI programs and membership; additionally, such personal information, in a consolidated and aggregate form, may be used in publicly distributed statistical descriptions and studies of the AFCI constituency.
- To help us understand membership trends, and gender and age differences with respect to perspectives about and usage of programs and the creation of new program offerings.
When you are at one of our events you may be issued with a badge to gain entry. If your badge has a bar code and you allow exhibitors to scan the badge, they will receive your contact details. If you do not want to give your contact details to an exhibitor then do not allow them to scan your badge at the event.
When AFCI scans your badge, your personal information is processed pursuant to AFCI’s legitimate interest in tracking attendance, traffic flow, and providing a better show for attendees.
By allowing exhibitors to scan your badge, you are sharing the following information with them: badge number, name, company, address, country, phone, email, registration type. Exhibitors may then contact you regarding their goods or services. Please review their privacy policies for additional information. If you do not want to share your information, do not permit the exhibitor to scan your badge. If you do not want to receive communications from an exhibitor, you must contact that exhibitor directly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
AFCI members may add, correct, or update their personal information by contacting the main office by phone at (312) 321-6811 or by email at email@example.com.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personally identifiable information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personally identifiable information.
We utilize a secure server. All supplied financial/credit information (including social security number) is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers, though we will keep records of your name, address(es), and email.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Information supplied through an AFCI cookie is used only by AFCI to help enhance services provided and is not shared with others.