8:30 - 9:30 am CST (8:30 - 9:30)
Sponsored Education - colart
Details to come!
9:45 - 10:45 am CST (9:45 - 10:45)
Networking Opportunity - Birds of a Feather
2021 is here and the future of the crafting industry is yours to shape! Participate in informal discussions, with like-minded crafters, on topics that will underscore the craft and art industry in 2021. Throughout the hour, you will be able to visit more than one topic area. However, please view the topics below to decide which topic you wish start in:
- Back to the Future - Going Beyond 'Back to Normal'
- 2020 is over but the lessons learned cannot be forgotten and one thing is for sure...the "new normal" won't be the same as the "old normal!" One of the best ways to look forward is to remember what we did right as an industry last year. Share your experiences from 2020 that you think will help build strong business for fellow retailers, designers, digital content creators, and manufacturers. The pandemic isn’t over just yet, but what you’ve learned during the hardest of times can help us make sure to be better prepared for the future!
- Social Media and Craft
- As YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram continue to dominate the social media world, other platforms are emerging that are allowing for new types of engagement, beyond a like or subscribe. Platforms like Tik Tok, Clubhouse, and others have cropped up and are forming communities within them, including craft! These platforms may lend themselves to new avenues for affiliate marketing and brand recognition, open doors to new ideas and conversations, and adds a new outlet for crafters, quilters, DIY-ers, suppliers, and makers from all walks of like to share their story, visually or aurally. Prepare to network and share your experiences with our co-moderators and discuss how these new platforms are disrupting social media and what that means for the future of the craft industry. Be prepared to drop your social media handles in the chat!
- How Art and Education are Picking Up STEAM
- Stemming from…STEM – a curriculum approach focusing on teaching children concepts related to science, technology, engineering and math – comes a modified educational approach that integrates art and humanities into the mix. STEAM, or concepts related to science, technology, engineering, ART, and math, investigates the harder science concepts, through the creative process and art. As measuring the quality of our children’s education continues to take center stage, STEAM opens up new avenues for students who critically think better through creative means. Share your experiences with STEAM, how it is bettering education and overall creativity, and how you can join in on the movement.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion & Leadership: Making Those Around Us Feel Visible, Valuable, and Valued.
- After 2020, the ripple effect and impact we have on our communities, and our internal teams, has expanded. How do you know when it’s time to zoom out, and check up on your brand and company? Does it still align with your values and vision for the company? How can you, as a leader, help guide your company through times and conversations that are difficult. How can we ultimately make sure that the business decisions we make, make others around us feel visible, valuable, and valued. Share your stories, challenges, and success of times when you have taken that extra, reflective step, to see how you can make your brand even more welcoming and inclusive. Or talk about times when your leadership skills helped to make sure your employees were aligned on the company’s mission and values. Whether you are a leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts or are starting out, please come into this topic with an open mind and share ideas about how crafters can continue to make the industry more all-encompassing.
11:00 am - 12:15 pm CST (11:00 - 12:15)
Industry Panel: Moving Forward Together - The Creative Industries in 2021
John Bishop, Doodlebug Design, Inc.; Dawn Johnson & Kellie Gould, Owners, Memory Bound Paper Craft Store; A.V. Perkins, AV Does What; Shawn Szirbik, Hull’s Art Supply & Framing
Almost a full year since COVID-19 changed the retail and manufacturing business as we know it, this panel will reflect on the long-lasting impacts, how folks are getting back to business and continuing to adapt, and where we are headed. This discussion will include the growth of eCommerce, contact-less connection points with your customers, changing customer trends, and more!
12:00 - 5:00 pm CST (12:00 - 17:00)
Exhibit Hall Open
The Creativation+ Exhibit Hall is open throughout the day for attendees to explore; however, a dedicated hour from 12:00 - 1:00 pm will allow attendees to connect with the hundreds of exhibitors at their booths. Exhibitors and attendees are encouraged to use the 1:00 - 5:00 pm time slot for appointments and meetings.
1:15 - 2:15 pm CST (13:15 - 14:15)
Click here to view.
2:30 - 3:15 pm CST (14:30 - 15:15)
Sponsored Education - Uchida and Bob Ross Inc.
3:30 - 4:30 pm CST (15:30 - 16:30)
Click here to view.